Digital technology changes daily, but the principles of storytelling stay pretty much the same. We might be reading a tablet instead of a book, watching YouTube instead of a TV, talking on Skype instead of a telephone, using a laptop instead of a notepad – but we still need to tell a story or communicate a message effectively, in the right tone-of-voice. And there’s quite a few ways that can be done.
As a writer and marketing consultant, here’s a bit of what I can do:
- High-level copywriting, proof-reading and editing.
- Understand an audience and find the right tone-of-voice.
- Concept development, branding, marketing strategy.
- Native advertising & sponsored content articles, ghostwriting.
- Journalism – Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance (MEAA) accredited.
- Website content creation, Information Architecture (IA), user experience (UX), SEO.
- Digital content: blog posts, e-newsletters, articles and other communications.
- Social media strategy, community management and copywriting.
- Define appropriate tone-of-voice and develop copy style guides.
- Copywriting for print collateral including brochures, booklets and newsletters.
- Turn jargon into reader-friendly copy.
- Mobile app concept development and content creation.
- Video concepts, scriptwriting, direction.
- Also good with a camera.
Cool tech stuff like Skype and Trello means it’s easy to work with anyone, anywhere. I’m currently based in Melbourne but happy to travel.