As a Freelance Pro member of the Media Entertainment & Arts Alliance (MEAA), I’m required to stay up-to-date and complete regular training in Journalism Code of Ethics and media law to maintain my accredited journalist status.
A few clippings and by-lines are provided below.
Music reviews & features
- Review: Wangaratta Jazz Festival 2016 (Australian JazzNET)
- Interview: Ryan Ritchie, Pieces of Gil Scott-Heron, Stonnington Jazz 2016 (print & online – Beat magazine)
- Interview: Lance Ferguson – Stonnington Jazz 2016 (print & online – Beat magazine)
- Feature: Stonnington Jazz 2016 (print & online – Beat magazine)
- Review: José González @ Melbourne Zoo (print & online – Beat magazine)
- Review: Melbourne Music Week’s New Orleans Street Party (print & online – Beat magazine)
- Report: Face The Music Conference 2015 (print – Beat magazine)
- Review: St Germain 2015 (print & online – Beat magazine)
- 7 Enlightening Experiences From Meredith 2014
- 8 Things We Learnt at Face The Music 2014
- Sweden Hosted The World’s Most Hipster Festival, And We Were There
- At Last: The Etta James Story
- PBS Drive Live: Pony Face, The Hello Morning, and Brothers Grim And The Blue Murders
- Amanda Palmer at The Tivoli
- Snakadaktal at the Hi Fi
Travel & food features
- Venture magazine feature (print): A Local Taste Of Singapore: Tanjong Pagar A world away from shiny tourist attractions and slick shopping malls yet centrally located, Tanjong Pagar boasts colourful architecture with an eclectic range of restaurants and some of the best hawker food in the Lion City.
- Great Apps For Digital Nomads – feature article for TurnPoint.
Screen industry features
- The new reality of documentary (Pt 1)
- Documentary: the thin true line (Pt 2)
- Defining documentary: how long is a piece of string?
- Saving the future: arts documentaries
- Back to the future: feature length documentaries
- AIDC sails into the sunset
- Fifty years of film culture in Sydney
- Glendyn Ivan and the post Cracker Bag explosion
- Philippe Mora’s St Kilda connection
- Short films and the road to long form at SPAA Fringe (print)
- Feature article (print) – interview with Shakespeare In Love film director John Madden for ReelScene magazine launch issue (London).
eWriters Journey – exploring brave new e-worlds for writers. Commenced as part of my Masters/PhD research.
Tweed Scene – the insider’s guide to what to see, do, taste and enjoy in the Tweed. An insider’s insight to the Tweed region for locals and tourists. It grew a regular following through a weekly entertainment guide providing a comprehensive weekly listing of every live music gigs, art exhibitions, theatre performance and other entertainment in the region. Quality content ensured it quickly landed itself on the first page of Google search results (“what’s on in the Tweed”), no SEO tricks required. The weekly entertainment guide was discontinued in 2013 due to relocation, but the site content is still relevant and the social media channels are regularly utilised by local businesses.
St Kilda Live Music Guide – (in development).